Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Catching up

Ok, so my computer has been down the last couple of weeks, so I haven't been keeping up with my blog. Tonight I'm going to try to get caught up. Sorry!
The other morning I woke up a little late, so instead of getting to slip into the shower while the kids were still in bed, I had to wait until after Madison was at school, leaving Eli and Lillie alone while I cleaned up. Surprisingly, my shower went uninterrupted, which I really enjoyed, until it occurred to me that this may not be a good thing. Especially since I had heard the stool in the kitchen scooting across the floor.
So, I got out of the shower and dried off and headed for the living room to check on Lillie. As soon as I turned the corner, there it was .... Lillie sitting in a pool of goldfish crackers. Eli, who cares very much for his little sister decided that she needed a snack, and took it upon himself to make sure that she was provided for. So, he extracted the package of goldfish from the top shelf of the cabinet and lovingly dumped the whole bag on Lillie's head, shaking any remaining crackers free all over the rest of the living room.
Lillie, was grateful for the little treat .... upon seeing me, she quickly began picking up the crackers and eating them. My first reaction was to discipline Eli, but then I realized he was simply babysitting while I was in the shower. So, I decided to be grateful for the quiet shower and go on, thankful for a son who loves his sister.


1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh big brothers are the best. I can't tell you boys do more damage trying to cook in the kitchen than girls!! LOL He is so sweet! Lillie is growing up so fast!! Sweet girl!